Maximize and Resize MDI Child Windows Simultaneously?

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I am creating a new WPF application and am trying to have an "always visible control panel" in the background of the main window. This "control panel" consists of several buttons that would be horizontally and vertically centered on what would appear to the user to be the background of the MDIParent window. 

I also desire MDI functionality for all other windows (independent opening, closing, positioning, sizing) and have found WPI.MDF quite useful.

I feel like I'm getting close to the desired result in that I can add my "control panel" as a maximized MDI child upon application startup. Then from the "control panel", I can click on a button and pop up another MDI child. The problem is that the 2nd MDI child also pops up as maximized.

1. Is it possible to force subsequent MDI Children to be *not* maximized while there is already an MDI child open which *is* maximized?

2. Alternatively, would it be possible to add controls to the MDIParent? So far, it only appears that I can add a background image, but I need to be able to add various controls with associated events. I also realize I can add a Menu to the MDIParent, but this is not the appearance I would like.

Thank you for your help!

BrentMaximus

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

EDIT: Please disregard this post. I have decided to switch to a Windows Forms application.

Thanks,

BrentMaximus